Our core business includes ocean consolidation and shipping services as well as distribution logistics. We are licensed and bonded by the US Federal Maritime Commission as a Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC). This NVOCC status requires RSD International/Caribconex to operate with full compliance with all the regulations of a Common Carrier – equal to that of the Steamship Vessel operators in the trade.
Ocean shipments make up the largest volume of RSD International/Caribconex business. We employ Magaya LiveTrack software across all our offices providing real time information and seamless processing and tracking of all shipments and transactions from time of receipt to final delivery at destination. We deliver customers cargo fast and accurately and we have a strong reputation for reliability and accuracy. These core traits along with friendly service, are embedded in the RSD International/Caribconex culture and permeate throughout the organization.
- Shipping Documents: Our staff are fully capable of completing all the statutory documents needed to meet the regulations of the authorities in export and import countries.
- Hazardous Cargo: We has fully certified specialists in house to inspect, document, package and comply with the regulations for handling and shipping of all types and classes of hazardous cargo.
- Insurance: We offer insurance that will cover the replacement value of your cargo at reasonable and competitive rates. This provides peace of mind protection coverage for customers’ valuable shipments.
- Self-propelled Vehicles: Export of Self-propelled Vehicles requires special processing and filing with US Customs, and our staff is well versed in the procedures and processes.
- RSD International/Caribconex has the connections and resident expertise to deal with shipments that require transport using multiple modes; Land, Sea and Air.
- OOG Shipments: We effectively coordinate and handle the transportation and seamless transfer of large scale equipment and Out of Gauge cargo from origin location at source to the closest Port. This can involve securing of special permits for transporting over the road and for lift on-lift off at source and into the staging area for the vessel.
- Projects- we handle complex logistics for Major Projects; example a Construction Project from ground up lasting several months: involving multiple suppliers, a variety of commodities and a requirement for staging and shipping on a Just in Time basis of the correct items and quantities for each stage of construction.
- Our business philosophy is to continuously examine its processes and improve in all aspects of its logistics chain- passing on these benefits to our customers.